Del Norte County Historical Museum
Points of Interest
577 H St., Crescent City, CA
The Del Norte County Historical Society’s Main Museum is located at 577 H Street in Crescent City and is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Museum is located in the former County Hall of Records. This wonderful building was built in 1926 and a section of the building was used for the County Jail until 1963, when the county opened the present County Sheriff’s station.
Among the museum exhibits and displays are:
- An amazing collection of Tolowa and Yurok baskets
- The First Order Fresnel lens from the St. George Reef Lighthouse, the 1800’s Parlor, Kitchen and Bedroom
- Logging & Mining Displays
- Photo Carousels
- and much, much more!
The museum is open:
- May through September; daily: 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- October and November; Monday: 10:30AM - 3:00PM
Donations: $3/adult, $1/youth (5 to 17), free for kids under 5.
The Historical Society is a non-profit organization and donations are welcomed and appreciated!!